Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sneak peek | Next Stop London

Who's ready for a sneak peek of Next Stop London?! I designed these two patterns about a year ago after a super fun trip to Greece and London. It was my first time to visit London and I had such a wonderful time. I'd love to get back and visit again soon.

It was such a thrill when the team at Robert Kaufman decided to pick up the London-themed designs that I created after my return. Its a small collection of 2 designs each in two bright and cheery colors which I hope you will love. I have so many projects planned for it! Top of the list is a picnic quilt that will remind me of my afternoon sitting next to the Thames River and enjoying the sunshine (and perhaps there was an adult beverage or two involved!) And with the Olympics looming, who knows what fun projects might spring to mind. Any suggestions?

Next Stop London will start shipping this coming April and I'll have some FQs to giveaway as we get closer to the ship date. Can't wait to hear what you think!



And look at the super cute cars on the selvage!! Beep beep!!

16 comments:

Honey Graham said...

Love this! I lived in London and my son's name is actually from an area in London!
May need to buy some to make curtains or pillows! :) So fun!

Little Island Quilting said...

And how fitting a Brit leaves the first comment! Yet more fabness...think you must never sleep!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh you have to come to the Fat Quarterly Retreat in June - oh go on you know you want to!
Those fabrics will be so awesome for that on the Jubilee weekend and the Olympics.
Fantastic xxx

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

Great fabrics! I know of many ladies venturing to London this June who'd love to rustle something up with this line :)

Carolyn said...

love!!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the double decker buses. London was an experience and I went during their hottest July ever. I definitely remembered to mind the gap. What a fun line.

Amy Friend said...

Oh, I think the print on the off white!

bee said...

i love the London bits! especially the night time landmarks. very clever. ( I also love! the brrr! & llamas too...)

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! Every time I think you can't create anything more amazing than the last, you TOTALLY do!! I love this!
We lived outside of London for 3 years, and I have so many memories and so many special people who would need something made from this line.
I can't wait!

Susanne said...

I LOVE London! I am going to travel there in June. I think there aren't enough London fabrics out there. So you totally made my day with this announcement :)
Susanne

Zuzan said...

The design is London. Could not be any other city. Brings back wonderful memories. Thank you. Just mycrazy thinking popping black cabs, the buses with the llamas whay harlequin fun..

Gloria said...

Looks fun collection for boys projects. I love the blue Clock ones and red bus the most

Isisjem said...

I love this. I think the iconic images of the capital make for some really fun fabric!

Lee said...

Wonderful design! thanks!

mascanlon said...

Oh I love these prints! My daughter did a year abroad at King's college in London and I think these will be the perfect feature fabric for a Christmas gift. Thanks for showing us!

Christine said...

Great fabric, as a londoner I can't wait to get my hands on this